Increase your company revenues by changing the rules of design. Give your company the ability to manufacture anything with VELO3D
New Capabilities for Contract Manufacturers
VELO3D is the leading provider of metal AM solutions for critical industrial parts. No other AM solution can print the geometries and quality produced by the VELO3D solution allowing CMs to serially print parts that otherwise would be impossible to produce. Unlike other AM providers, we drive business to our CM supply chain by working with OEMs to identify demand and, when the OEM is ready to produce the parts in volume, we introduce them to one of our CM supply chain partners.
Change your angles
Most 3D Printed metal parts limit their overhang angles without supports to ~ 45 degrees. To go below, conventional printers rely on supports that are often laborious to remove and require extensive post processing.
VELO3D delivers capabilities that can change your business. Our technology allows designers to build SupportFree including zero degree/horizontal overhangs. You don’t need to worry about support access or design limitations. By eliminating internal supports, manufacturers are able to print parts that would typically be considered impossible.
Build your most challenging metal parts with 3D printing
AM can combine multiple parts in a unified assembly achieving simplification and part-count reduction. But, in many cases, manufacturers ‘no-bid’ complex parts due to the risks inherent in their production. With VELO3D , we are putting complex parts back on the build plan delivering a 90% first print success rate. Some of the technologies that enable us to run these parts with confidence:
- Sapphire’s noncontact recoater avoids part damage
- Pre-print calibration and in situ metrology ensures the system stays in spec
- Closed loop melt-pool control ensures a true-to-design print across the entire build envelope
- Flow’s object print correction delivers accurate geometries
The first print, and every print, done right
The VELO3D Sapphire is designed from the ground up for volume production providing engineers with part quality, consistency and predictability. The dual 1 kW laser system is designed for accurate melt pool control. The onboard metrology provides real time and historic performance reports assuring part quality. Whether you operate the system as a manufacturer or rely on the parts for your completed products, Sapphire’s focus on quality control results in improved performance and better results.
- Industrial grade print operation including SupportFree capability
- Constant atmospheric control of the system and build module
- Hot swappable filters and run time powder refill for long builds
- Contamination resistant laser operation with typical PM cycles over 3 months
- Print reports providing insights into system status and historic performance
- Process monitoring execution for each layer
Print parts separate from the build plate
Imagine designing your part, uploading it to the server, printing your part and being able to just pull it out of the printer ready for use in the end application. VELO3D has been working to offer this design flexibility to the manufacturing community and we continue to find new ways to print fully SupportFree.
- Supports not required for prints starting from a single point
- Enables higher packing density through nesting reducing cost
- Consistent part quality delivering unprecedented functional performance