Velo3D is looking for a forward thinking and highly responsive Facilities Project Manager
This hands-on role will report directly to the VP Operations. In this role you will work at well-funded company on its rapidly-growing team in Campbell, CA, and participate in the success of a disruptive 3D printing on metals technology.
The team is looking for a self-starter who enjoys working in a highly dynamic startup environment. We foster a small company atmosphere with excellent benefits including healthcare coverage and 401(K) matching.
- Participate in selection of new site(s)
- Select and guide architectural firm through tenant improvement design
- Select and negotiate with contractors to implement design
- Project manage task to completion
- Lead efforts to improve existing site(s).
- Work directly with users to define changing needs
- Create plans to implement (including budget estimates)
- Select and drive contractors to implement
- Deliver to schedule
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Facilities Management or other technical field
- 5+ years facilities project management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate problem impacts and present challenging technical information in a clear and concise manner across functions and management levels
- Technical expertise in one or more construction fields
- Demonstrable experience selecting and managing contractors, budgeting and forecasting
- Good interactive people skills
- Ability to work 10-12 hours per day when required; willing to adopt a flexible schedule when necessary