The Engineering PDM/ECO/PLM Administrator serves as a focal point for the engineering department to release and maintain all engineering documentation in the PDM (Solidworks) and PLM (Arena) systems. This is a key role acting as a facilitator to ensure Velo3D engineering documentation is consistently managed to high standards.
This position reports directly to the VP Operations.
- Act as PDM and PLM system administrator
- Ensure all documentation is maintained in a consistent fashion into the PDM and PLM system
- Act as the Engineering Change Order admin to ensure timely review and sign off of ECO’s through the effective use of PDM, PLM, and ERP systems.
- Release approved documentation into the PDM, PLM, and ERP system
- Implement all ECO related documentation tasks
- Coordinate with Supply Chain and Finance to upload ECO changes into the ERP system
- Write and maintain Engineering Services business process documentation (department procedures)
- Train new hires on how to use the PDM, PLM, and integration with ERP system
- Act as the focal point to communicate technical issues with PDM and PLM vendors (system maintenance)
Skills/Experience – Required
- 5 years of experience as Engineering Services Admin
- 5+ years of experience with modern PDM and PLM systems
- Intimate knowledge of all usual mechanical, electrical, documentation etc file formats and how to manage them in the PDM and PLM systems
- Fanatical attention to detail
- Able to hit tight deadlines and high quality standards
- Collaborative mindset (helper not gate keeper)
- Knowledgeable on intersection of PDM, PLM and ERP systems
- Able to communicate clearly, both written and verbal, across department boundaries
Skills/Experience – Desired
- 2 years experience with Arena PLM
- +5 years experience with PDM; with 2 years working in Solidworks PDM4 year college degree