As as Systems Engineer you will be working on system definition, development and qualifications and your job responsibilities will be defining the system, specifying sub-modules, outlining test plans, identifying and mitigating system related risks and more. You will be responsible for integration of sub-modules into a system which will be utilized for process development, extended SW and HW qualification, further development and product release.
- Definition, implementation and verification of the SW, HW and process modules of a metal 3D-printing system.
- Specify system sub-modules based on outlined product requirements.
- Generate system layout, block-diagrams and design schematics for various system aspects.
- Set up error budgets
- Work w. SW, HW and process development team to define system and sub-modules tests plans.
- Design, assemble and operate subsystem test stands in conjunction with subsystem owners
- Track the implementation of requirement and verification of the product’s functions.
- Support system troubleshooting and design modification to achieve product requirements.
Qualifications, Education and Experience
- Fast learner. Can study intricate sub-modules and quickly understand the essence of their limitations and role in the system.
- Independent thinker, can specify software, hardware and control modules.
- Strong technical background and ability to learn and analyze sub-systems of various disciplines.
- Can and want to write specifications documents for system and sub-system components as well as critical test specifications
- Demonstrated ability to lead informal multi-disciplinary project teams in design, test and issue resolution
- Highly process-driven and organized
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Advanced degree (PhD, MS) or equivalent innovative track record in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical engineering or related subject.
- Experience in design & development of complex precision positioning/opto-mechanical systems
- 3+ yrs. Experience in Capital Equipment industry
- Preferred experience in control systems design and implementation
- Startup experience an advantage
- Matlab, LabView and other scientific/engineering programing experience preferred
- Knowledge of 3D CAD drawing SW highly desirable