The Software Quality Engineer works on Intelligent Multi-Functional Software System at the heart of a disruptive 3D metal printing system. The Software Quality Engineer is responsible for testing, writing tests and developing tools to validate that the product meets the specifications provided by the materials science and production teams.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Collaborates with – with the Material Engineering, Product Management and Simulation teams to develop features and/or products designed to improve Material Engineering processes
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using in-house or open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing and validation when defects are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet user needs
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Initiate and participate in process improvement activities as approved and directed by supervisor.
- Participate in team and other assigned meetings.
- Other duties as needed or required.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of how different laser commands modify part performance to quickly identify issues with software changes.
- Work closely with process engineering team to understand intent of feature requests to improve documentation, test plans, tests and debugging.
Desired: Master’s degree from an accredited university in an applicable field such as mechanical engineering or a related field plus some job-related experience.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 2 years of industry experience or equivalent educational/academic experience.
- US citizenship or permanent residency (e.g. green card holder)
- High level of commitment to contribute to a positive, high-paced and results-oriented work environment
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- Work experience in software quality assurance
- Knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus.
- Self-driven and independent thinking. Ability to work independently.